Family & Community Support Partnership
Safe, Stable and Nurturing RELATIONSHIPS are paramount to healthy child development and preventing child maltreatment.
A prevention-focused initiative, the Family & Community Support Partnership (FCSP) is a formal collaboration of organizations serving children, youth, and families throughout the Inland Empire and beyond.
Its members are committed to helping strengthen families. Each organization provides one of the evidence-based, nationally recognized Nurturing Parenting Programs (NPP) to a specific population within the Inland Empire.
Collectively, they are able to extend and expand the types of NPP programs and language offerings. This powerful Collaborative advances best practices and impact throughout the region.
Proven research and expertise supports the FCSP initiative to build on family’s strengths which leads to reducing the incidence of child abuse, improving parenting and family functioning, and creating healthy environments for the optimal development of all children.
Over time, FCSP and its strategic partners’ aims are to:
- Reduce Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE)
- Increase resilience for individuals exposed to ACE
- Create Trauma-Informed Policy, Systems and Care
- Promote relationships (parent-child-environment) that protect the core of wellbeing for individuals
- Create safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments to prevent child maltreatment and assure children reach their full potential
FCSP is funded by First 5 San Bernardino and its members and strategic partners include social service agencies, State Pre-K, Head Start programs, school districts, nonprofit organizations, hospitals, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and funders.